Sunday 22 March 2015

Parker P36 Leather Wrapped Guitar from 2008 with Piezo pickup

guitarz.blogspot.com:








I have a love/hate relationship with Parker guitars. I've played a few of them and they have all played and sounded great. I love that they are inventive with design and were one of the first, I believe, to offer piezo acoustic sounds as a standard item on their guitars.

Now for the hate: I think they are ugly.

It's that plain and simple. Though i often love "ugly" or non-conventional designs almost wholly because of said ugliness, i cannot find love for the Parker.

This leather wrapped Parker P36 is no exception to the rule. It's almost as if they found a way to make it even less attractive to me. Luckily there are only 144 of these reptile-meets-bovine atrocities out there so I'll not likely be seeing one in real life.

What do you all think? Is there love for Parker out there?

R.W. Haller


© 2015, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

7 comments:

  1. Ya...it is nice, unique guitar, now if you want to learn guitar playing so join up on jamplay to improve your playing skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of Parker aesthetics in general, but that is an ugly guitar..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:53 am

    this is a rather ugly guitar but if the sound is beautiful then it's worth it! I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Adrian Belew thinks they are good, who am I to argue!
    This one certainly has a very tacky finish, but what irritates me most is why an obviously wildly innovative 21st century design feels the need to borrow so many styling cues from the 65 year old telecaster...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never a great fan of the Parker shape etc. To be fair I've never played one so can't say if it works in your hands.

    However I never got this tele hybrid at all it seems illogical against the ethos of Parker and looks horrible... to then glad it in the leather as though that'll make it more appropriate in Nashville flummoxes me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya'll crazy! That's one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the sweat factor with this guitar? I could see it getting messy...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis