Monday 20 January 2014

Yamaha SB-1 electric upright bass

guitarz.blogspot.com:

Technically as an upright bass this Yamaha SB-1 electric upright bass (EUB) falls outside the remit of this guitar blog, but I do like to feature other stringed instruments on these pages from time to time, and to be perfectly honest, my main reason in featuring this bass is that I really liked the composition of the photograph reproduced here from the eBay listing.

The bass looks huge to those of us used to horizontally-played stringed instruments, but in fact it is only 3/4 scale. I love the skeletal frame which gives the instrument the look of something that might be portrayed in an impressionist painting.

Currently listed on eBay UK with a starting price of £795.

G L Wilson

© 2014, Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - the blog that goes all the way to 11!
Please read our photo and content policy.

1 comment:

  1. I actually have an electric upright - it's a Stagg EDB 3/4, probably the least expensive on the market at about £330 - and while it's a lot less elegant than the Yamaha, it's great fun to play, and it sounds phenomenal for the price. To be honest, I have hardly touched my Squier P-Bass Special in nearly a year, I like playing the EUB so much! Granted it's not suitable for every type of music, or indeed every bass player, but I recommend anyone who like playing bass to try an EUB.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis