Tuesday 5 October 2010

Washburn Tour 24 Tele

guitarz.blogspot.com:
With reference to the Takamine GE-400 that Bertram posted yesterday, Ed writes:
I had a mid 80's Washburn Tele that must have come from the same factory. Black with Orange/Red accents, including the fret markers. Same tremelo, too. I bought it on eBay because it matched my shoes. Solidly built, but It was the heaviest tele I ever played. I shipped it to someone in the Ukraine last year.

Love your blog,

Ed in Laguna Beach
Thanks for that, Ed. I remember these from back in the day, and thought they were cool then. I suppose it's a Tele in body outline only. It's a Washburn Tour 24 and would have been built between 1982-1985, with solid Ash body, dual humbuckers and tremolo. I'm not sure what the trem unit is in this case, but some of these guitars (most likely the USA-built "Chicago" models) were outfitted with Washurn's proprietary Wonderbar locking tremolo system - which was a much bulkier piece of hardware than that seen here.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

3 comments:

  1. Washburn made ALL of these in Japan. None were ever built in the USA. The USA shop in Illinois didn't open till October,1990 and the first USA guitar was sold in January of '91.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washburn made ALL of these in Japan. None were ever built in the USA. The USA shop in Illinois didn't open till October,1990 and the first USA guitar was sold in January of '91.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking for one of these guitars. If you find another one, please contact me. Or is this one for sale?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis