Thursday 8 May 2008

Another holey guitar: The Schecter Genesis

Schecter GenesisIt seems that recently I've been featuring a few guitars with holes going right through the bodies (e.g. here and here) and what do you know?... Here's another one! (I don't actively search for these, you know, I just seem to stumble upon them without even trying.)

This one is an approximately 20 year old USA-built Schecter Genesis. I've previously seen pictures of these with some decidedly over the top striped graphic finishes, but I reckon this Candy Apple Red example is quite tasteful, if indeed tasteful is the word I'm looking for considering the crazy design we're looking at here.

This example is currently on eBay with quite an attractive and affordable Buy It Now price on it.

PLEASE will someone buy it before I do, because at that price I'm finding it very hard to resist. If this was listed at the same Buy It Now price but in the UK, I would already have snapped it up. Importing a guitar from the USA involves extra shipping fees and customs charges, but despite these inevitable extras hiking up the price I'm still very very tempted (and shouldn't really...).

I mean, c'mon, how often do you see one of these?

2 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, this is the first Schecter I've seen (apart from Pete Townshend's Tele copy) that was anywhere near esthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I designed this model for a Schecter, in Dallas Texas circa 1985. I currently built guitars in Athens, Ga.
    www.baxendaleguitar.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis