Sunday 6 January 2008

Skull Strings

Skull Strings

I've just installed a set of Drop C tuning Skull Strings on my Fernandes Native Pro by way of experiment. The makers claim that they are of the "perfect gauge and tension for extreme music", and that they last longer and sound louder! Quite a claim.

Actually, I haven't used a Drop C tuning as such, I've downtuned the entire guitar by two whole steps below standard tuning, so that low to high it's tuned C-F-A#-D#-G-C. Experimenting with the various different effects settings I'm able to get some quite convincing modern metal tones, but far more interesting for me is that using digital acoustic simulation, I'm able to create some really interesting and quite usable sounds. (I'm not really aiming to get into that whole death metal/grindcore thing). Anyway, it's early days and I expect I'll report again on how these strings are working out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis